Sat, May 21|
NorWALK for Mental Health / Check-In Wellness Fair
Norwalkers, get your friends and family together for a fun, social, outdoor event focused on mental wellness! The Norwalk Partnership, Norwalk ACTS & NCC are hosting a Mental Health Awareness Walk along with a "Check In" Wellness Fair. Art, music, info & screenings, activities, speakers & more!
Time & Location
May 21, 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM
Norwalk Green, 8 Park St, Norwalk, CT 06851, USA
About the event
To recognize Mental Health Awareness Month and National Prevention Week, The Norwalk Partnership, Norwalk ACTS, and NCC are hosting "NorWALK for Mental Health" along with a "Check In" Wellness Fair featuring speakers, prizes, music, and more. We'll have:
- Music, art, laughter yoga, door prizes, and the EverybodyEatz van.
- Mental health booths where you can practice coping skills, "paint your heart out," get a "check-up from the neck up," and meet friendly people who can answer your mental health questions.
- Prevention booths where you can experience the risks of impaired driving, pick up Liquor Stickers or Narcan, learn about suicide prevention, and get parenting resources.
- People of all ages sharing their personal mental health journeys & a press conference with local elected officials.
- The state's "Change the Script" behavioral health resource van.
- So everyone, please join us on the Norwalk Green with your family, friends or co-workers, because we ALL need to take care of our mental health!
- Also... throughout the month we and our partners are offering free trainings: NAMI's In Our Own Voice mental health awareness presentation, several QPR suicide prevention trainings, opioids/Narcan trainings, and LGBTQ trainings for the community and for providers. Check out the calendar of events at thenorwalkpartnership.org/walk!
- NOW ON OUR RAINDATE: Saturday, May 21st on the Norwalk Green. Wellness Fair from 9-11:30am; speakers at 10am; walk at 10:30am. The Walk goes from the Norwalk Green down East Ave to the I-95 bridge and back, ending up back at the Green for laughter yoga, continued Wellness Fair activities and the "Hope Pray Dream" board and a labyrinth activity at St Paul's on the Green.
- Wheelchair accessible.
- Wear green or purple (the mental health colors). Maybe make a team t-shirt!